There aren't many locations on Vancouver Island that offer the cottage-like way of life that Lake Cowichan homes for sale offer. Just 27 kilometers from Duncan and 90 kilometers from the capital city of Victoria, BC, the waterside town of Lake Cowichan is the jewel of the Cowichan Valley. One of the warmest spots on Vancouver Island, Lake Cowichan is one the most sought after destinations for year round recreation and easygoing lifestyle.
Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||27|
Property Types (active listings)
|All Listings||$100,000 - $200,000||$200,000 - $300,000|
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||Over $1,000,000|
Whether you're looking for a permanent full time residence, or a weekend cottage on the lake, Lake Cowichan real estate market has something for everyone's needs, tastes and lifestyle. Lake Cowichan homes for sale vary in size and price, from modern lake-front executive homes, to smaller single family homes and cottages. Whatever your budget, there's a dream home waiting for you in Lake Cowichan.
Lake Cowichan's small town atmosphere and lakeside living attract those buyers looking for a laid-back lifestyle in a natural setting, while still being close to a larger city with all the amenities. Vancouver Island’s premiere lakeside community, Lake Cowichan is a place to call home.
The Lake Cowichan Lifestyle
The quaint community of Lake Cowichan offers tourists and residents alike a magnificent, natural area to sit back, relax and enjoy the best of what Vancouver Island lifestyles have to offer. At the east end of Cowichan Lake and with the Cowichan River flowing through town, the town of Lake Cowichan is a water lover's dream. While boating, fishing, swimming and windsurfing are obvious benefits of living lakeside, Lake Cowichan real estate offers so much more:
- Hiking and mountain biking in the surrounding Pacific Northwest Temperate Rainforest.
- The scenic Pacific Marine Road drive through the rainforest from Lake Cowichan to Port Refrew.
- The Lake Cowichan Farmers Market every Saturday in the town square provides local produce, crafts and foods.
- Camping at any one of the 5 lakeside campsites that surround Cowichan Lake are all easily accessible from town.
- Lake Cowichan is the westernmost point on the Trans Canada trail and offers walking, hiking, cycling and horseback riding opportunities.